Please follow the below links:
To report any technical problems with this page, please send an email to the Support Team.
Only online profiles will be considered
Objective of the Programme
The UNDP internship programme aims at providing a small group of students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to development work in general and UNDP’s activities in specific areas. It is designed to complement development-orientated studies with practical experience in various aspects.
Overall format of the programme
- The duration of an internship is three to six months on the basis of full time or part time attendance (Section 16: Internship Period).
- Interns are assigned either to UNDP Country Office or its projects.
- Each intern will carry out it assignment under supervision for drafting the Terms Of Reference of the intern or volunteer.
- Upon completion of the assignment the intern is awarded, in consultation with the supervisor, with a letter of recommendation and a certificate from the UNDP Resident Representative.
- Applicants for an internship should be graduate students or holders of a first university degree or their equivalent who intend to study further in a field relevant to the UNDP work programme. Preference will be given to candidates pursuing masters’ level degree.
- Applicants should be fluent in Arabic, English or French.
- Priority is given to Lebanese applicants.
Conditions of assignment
- UNDP will not pay for the internship and all expenses connected with it.
- Each intern application should be pre-evaluated by the requesting unit/officer in order to assess the suitability of the candidates.
- Each intern assignment has to be cleared by UNDP Country Office management and communication unit.
- UNDP Country Office Beirut accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the volunteer assignment. Therefore, upon awarding an intern assignment, candidates must sign a statement to this effect.
- Interns must keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and not publish any reports or papers based on such information except with the explicit authorization of the UNDP.
How to Apply