Launch of the UNDP Youth Leadership Programme 3Jun 12, 2017
Recognizing the importance of the role youth are playing in the development agenda, UNDP Arab States launched a Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) in 2015. Building on the lessons learned and momentum generated during YLP1 (2015) and YLP2 (2016), YLP 3 is being launched to support young men and women from across the region to explore innovative approaches to addressing sustainable development challenges, with a specific focus on gender equality and women empowerment.
YLP3 aims to support and empower young women and men change-makers to design and implement innovative, impactful and sustainable development solutions, whether these be social enterprises, non-profits, NGOs, initiatives, or campaigns. YLP3 will contribute to the achievement of the SDGs. The theme of YLP3 is accelerating innovative solutions for sustainable development. YLP3 will focus on supporting the development of youth’s innovative solutions to addressing sustainable development challenges.
The programme’s specific objectives are to:
• Promote and support innovative thinking and leadership among youth
• Accelerate implementation of innovative solutions for sustainable development
• Build networks of young men and women who are able to create change and positive sustainable impact in their communities, countries and region
• Showcase the achievements of young men and women as change makers in their communities
• Promote the production of knowledge on gender equality and social innovation in English, Arabic and French.
Appreciate sharing this message among the youth you know.
Youth can APPLY now through filling the application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9BTNFTZ. The Application deadline is on Friday July 2, 2017.