Duration: 01 January 2017-31 December 2021
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE) are entering in a second phase of partnership for five years, based on the successful relationship built in the framework of the implementation of the joint project from 2010 to 2016: “Technical Support to the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in the Implementation of the Education Sector Development Plan”.
Based on lessons learned, success stories, and shifting national priorities the ultimate objective of the redefined partnership is to provide support to the MEHE towards the delivery of quality and accessible education, based on a solid institutional framework. At the end of the project, the MEHE will be equipped with all necessary tools, skills, and knowledge to sustain the achieved results.
The expected results are as follows:
- Ensure accessibility of education to all;
- Ensure the provision of education based on high quality standards; and
- Establish the adequate institutional framework for optimized delivery of services.
- Continue the improvement of the institutional development through the reengineering of the major administrative processes between schools, Regional Offices, and the Headquarter
- Continue the LEARN “Lebanese Educational and Research Network” project to connect the MEHE headquarters, Regional Offices, and public schools all together.
- Continue automation of the major processes in the MEHE administration.
- Institutional development and automation of the Higher Educational Directorate.
- Automation of the correspondence of the Common Directorate.
- Incapacity to recruit intended project team staff
- Resistance to change manifested in repeated delays of activities
- Varied working capacity between the technical support and administrative structures
- Overall instability due to political/security/public labor situation in the country